Thursday, January 5, 2017
Why do such products exist in the first place? Because they are popular despite the hazard they pose to consumers. Is it unreasonable to assume that most popular things are not good for you?
Infants first explore with their sense of taste, without supervision they will put anything in their mouths. Since most people don't seem to mange their impulses well, why not nurture their sense of instant gratification and capitalize on it? Thus is born the consumer economy.
The logic that populism is bad, is used to argue against populism in politics, but typically this argument comes from people who have already grabbed the power for themselves and don't want to share the wealth. They would rather watch everyone else for whom they don't care, starve or freeze to death. This didn't work out too well for the Romanov family on July 17, 1918, or Benito Mussolini on April 28, 1945.
People just want a living wage, but giving them too much money will give them enough ease to start thinking about other things besides scraping, kicking and scratching for their survival.
The world is full of historical accounts of revolutions where the chief cause was too few people hoarding resources at the expense of everyone else, and here we are again at the end of 2016. Too few people have hoarded the money, the raw resources, the industry, the government and the political system.
As of this writing, the evidence still has yet to be delivered to the President, Congress and the President-Elect by the Intelligence agencies, yet every day since the election, the main-stream media keeps repeating the mantra "Russia's manipulation of U.S. elections" despite a complete lack of evidence.
They didn't have evidence of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in Iraq either. They eventually made up a completely false story about Iraq purchasing Yellow Cake Uranium. When the false story was exposed by Joe Wilson, operatives in the main-stream media outed his wife as an intelligence agent, putting her life in danger. The main-stream media operative walked away without a scratch when he should have been tried for treason.
Now it looks like they're playing the same old game, trying to foment a new cold war. Why? There's a ton of money to be made.
- WashPost Is Richly Rewarded for False News About Russia Threat While Public Is Deceived
- THE U.S. GOVERNMENT THINKS THOUSANDS OF RUSSIAN HACKERS MAY BE READING MY BLOG. THEY AREN’T.
- But security experts say that the document provides little in the way of forensic "proof" to confirm the government's attribution.
- Assange To Hannity: Source For WikiLeaks Was Not Russian Government
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Officially, January 2 was a holiday, but House Republicans had other plans.
- House Republicans reverse their plans to eviscerate the Office of Congressional Ethics
- House Republicans’ Twisted ‘Reform’ Plan: Gutting the Office of Congressional Ethics
- House Republicans pull plan to gut independent ethics committee after Trump tweets
- House Republicans Move To Weaken Congressional Ethics Office
- House Republicans vote to rein in independent ethics office
- House GOP Votes to Severely Weaken the Office of Congressional Ethics
- Your Independent Office Of Congressional Ethics Vote Checklist