- Think Progress (07/24/2016): Debbie Wasserman Schultz Resigns From DNC In Wake Of WikiLeaks Email Dump
- Brazile under siege after giving Clinton debate question
Some people maintain the emails were hacked by Russia while others suggest the emails were leaked from within the DNC.
A Previous post here at Empire Dusk suggests the possible players involved in leaking the emails.
Meanwhile, in all this time, no one disputed the authenticity of the emails, either directly, or implied through behavior. No one suggested the emails may have been edited or otherwise modified, until Donna Brazile revealed her new book in a post on POLITICO.
Now, amid the clarion call that it's Russia, Russia, Russia, after sixteen months of scrutiny and exposure, it's being suggested that the emails were edited.
- The Hill (11/03/2017) Russia-linked hacker edited DNC email to call it 'confidential': report
- Salon (11/03/2017) The DNC’s emails weren’t only hacked, they were edited: report
- The Washington Examiner (11/03/2017) At least one document hacked by Guccifer 2.0 was edited to draw reporters' attention: Report
Whether or not the Russians or anyone else hacked or leaked the emails, didn't change the facts of the emails, and the facts of the emails are apparently authentic enough to have resulted in the changes of leadership at the DNC. Despite the Associated Press' (AP) sychophantic report.